After 2 years on the farm in Lamb county, we decided to move back into Lubbock county. I have really loved the country life - do you know how bright the stars are when they don't have to compete with halogen? But so much of our routine occurs in the "big" city and that 45 minute one-way trip has simply worn me down! Our "house hunt" story is too long (and probably too boring) for this site...but suffice to say, the internet is a wonderful tool!! We found a property that met all my criteria - older home, acreage, trees, and a good price! All the financial pieces fell into place - many thanks to our banker at American State Bank in Littlefield - and before I knew it, the ink was on the paper. Done deal.
Our new house sits on about 1 1/2 acres, has 2000 sf in 4 bedroom & 2 bath. It was built in 1938 and is in need of some repair (damaged flooring), updating (bathrooms), remodel (mudroom and master bath & closet). I am very excited about this move & can't wait to see the finished product!! If you are interested, check in frequently for progress reports.
This link is to pretty good aerial view of our new property (pics taken in 2005, I think). The N,S,E,W button on the left will show the view from that direction. Check it out!
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=pm59r66h2pp8&style=o&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=5323755&encType=1
No comments:
Post a Comment