When I started my blog, I really wanted an unusual name - something that would reveal my creative side & reflect a bit of my nature. You may recall that I challenged my readers several posts ago to guess why I have entitled it "Asparagus Commotion" and only 2 people have ventured a guess. Well, that's fine & dandy - because I am pretty sure that my reasoning is quite obtuse! If you look up the meaning of my name, "Rhonda" is of old Welsh origin and most authorities state that it has 2 possible meanings:
1. "good spear" - from the Welsh "rhon" - meaning "spear"; and "da" - meaning "good."
2. "noisy one" - from the Rhondda River, a river in Wales, whose name means "noisy."
Thus - Asparagus Commotion is two variations of Rhonda. I am quite sure that my version of spear is not what the Welsh had in mind - and some of you asparagus-haters would argue, but I personally love this name! Want one more interesting, albeit useless, tidbit of information? Well, my maiden name, Rogers, according to some sources means "famous spear" - we must be a family of warriors!
Your friend,
GoodSpear FamousSpear
2 comments:
Finally, the wait is over. I laugher the entire time. Your wit shines through so well in the written word. Please write a book.
Hey Rhonda!! It is great to find you on here-welcome to the world of blogging-glad you are here!! :)
By the way, I love the name of the blog-very creative!! You are so great-hope things are going well!!
Oh, and I am not in the hall at ACU anymore-long story, but it was time to leave-though I will miss it!!
Love you!! Blessings~
Post a Comment