Thursday, September 20, 2007

Living Out of Boxes

We moved in Labor Day weekend! And a word to the wise - moving is dangerous, do not do it any more often than is absolutely necessary. I fell first thing - sprained my ankle - laced a brace on & kept moving all day. Trip to ER that night and MRI the next Wednesday...they tell me I have torn a ligament in my ankle. So now, I am clumping around on my delicious hardwood floors wearing a lovely black boot! Bryan tells me it sounds like he's living with a pirate! Clump, step, Clump, step! I just need an eye patch and then train the peachick to sit on my shoulder and mimic me! Gradually, we are getting all the boxes unpacked, hooking up appliances, etc - and creating a list of all the touch-up items. Here are some updated pics. Let me know what you think - and very soon I will be unpacked (please Lord!) and I want you to come visit us!!
Linly, my sister-in-law, deserves an award!! Sunday afternoon, she singlehandedly scraped multiple layers of sticky shelf paper out of my kitchen cabinets...then (to her eternal credit) decided to polyurethane the cabinets and drawers! Wow!! They are so much better now!
Dining area - new area rug and new lighting. Love this.
The living room was the only room that escaped the overwhelming box-stacking activity.
Shot of Katie exploring the new master closet. (Since this pic was taken, I have added a LOT of baskets, wire shelves, and other organizers - this is the best closet I have ever had & to think it used to house a shower and a water heater at one end of a very long & very odd bathroom).
Good shot of my new master bath's basin sink, mirror, etc. Love this room!

1 comment:

Coach T said...

Love it! We will have to come visit! Rita