
Can you believe how beautiful these hardwoods are!!! I am so excited. The living room walls are a beautiful gold color (called Brittlebush for some reason) - not going to miss the pinky-red.

Bedroom #1 (above) also has Brittlebush walls (painted paneling). This floor had a LOT of water damage - it is sheerly amazing now.

This is a close-up of the tile - they are ceramic, but look like aged & worn saltillo. Below is in the master bath. We will have this tile in both baths, both hallways, mud room, and the sunroom. Hardwoods in living/dining/kitchen, bedroom 1& 2; Laminate in Bedroom 3 and master.

Pre-grout in the sunroom (also can be seen in the first picture of this post). This tile and the paint selections were chosen to enhance the Southwest feel and look of the property. We're getting closer!
3 comments:
I LOVE your floors-they are just beautiful!! :) It looks like everything is coming together wonderfully!
Hi. Came across your site with a Google search. Where did you get these ceramic saltillo-look-alikes? The house I'm in has a floor that looks quite like yours but has some broken tiles, and I'm trying to find suitable replacements. I know a previous owner bought them at Home Depot many years ago, but HD no longer carries this tile. Do you remember where you got them?
Alexander, I purchased the tile through a local vendor (small private company, not a HD or Lowes, etc.). We had some difficulty in getting this particular tile from the manufacturer, so I wonder if they are still in production. All I have record of now is the name "Cotto Fuego" - they measure 18x18. Perhaps you could take a picture of your tiles to a tile specialty company? I know that Dal-Tile has a Cotto series that is very similar to what I found. Hope this helps. BTW, I tried to reply to your comment directly, but couldn't because you have not allowed access to your profile...so I hope you will have checked back. Thanks for visiting Asparagus Commotion!
Post a Comment