Thursday, April 30, 2009

New Clothes!

Well, "Asparagus Commotion" has a new outfit - hope you like it! It just felt appropriate to give my blog a whole new look. Change is good.

If you have been around me in the last few months, you know that my physical body has been undergoing a transformation. With the now-40-pound weight loss comes the opportunity to re-evaluate my current wardrobe, my habits, how I spend my "free time," etc. I have enjoyed being able to buy some smaller sizes (and looking forward to smaller still). Change is better.

Through the discipline of routine exercise (nothing too drastic, don't get excited!), I have found that walking with God has taken on a new, very literal meaning. As I continue to put one foot in front of the other around the neighborhood or at that mall, I tell Him the desires of my heart and He responds with the desires of His! Listening for His voice - in the rustle of the trees, the flutter & chatter of the birds, the faces of children - has opened wide the windows of my soul. You know, once you start paying attention to God's work here on earth, it's hard to miss it. Change is best.

No comments: