Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I Made the Donuts :)

Some of my friends are too young (and some are too old) to remember 1984.  For your benefit, please check out this link to my very favorite commercial of all time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyZtMfMWONI

My life resembles this man's circumstance...so busy that I meet myself coming & going.  But I do love it!  People ask me all the time about my life - living in one city but working in another one 300+ miles apart.  Shaking their heads with (1) amusement, (2) dismay, (3) consternation, (4) judgment, and/or (5) disgust, inquiring minds inquire, "What? How? Why? Don't you get tired of doing that? What does your family think? Why don't you just move?"

I'll tell you, the bottom line is PASSION.  My work is my ministry - equipping home care and hospice clinicians as they provide comfort to the infirmed & dying - becoming God's hands.  My hobby is my recreation - in the literal sense of the word: "creating again" - charging my batteries & filling my tank every week.  My family is my heart - so proud of my husband, each of my children, their chosen partners in life, and my precious grandchildren - exponentially multiplying my own limited ability to make a difference in people's lives.  If in order to participate in these I must travel, then so be it.

You might look at my life and describe it as over-extended, crazy, or even selfish.  I completely understand your perception...it doesn't hurt my feelings.  Consider it from my perspective, though.  When I examine my God-given skills, I feel compelled to use them to the very best of my ability.

If I'm in at all, I'm in 100%. 

So, I choose wisely...praying that God is honored through my life's choices (and that He will continue to bless me with one more day to explore the many ways He is at work in me and through me).

I can rest in heaven.
And eat donuts!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said Rhonda! I love your heart and passion...I get you :-)

Kati said...

Love this!