Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Standing Ovation in Carnegie Hall?!?!

Life is crazy, my friends! Performing with my Sweet Adelines chorus on the stage at Carnegie Hall was beyond description. But even more overwhelming was the "group sing" with the 6 other choruses at the end - when the NY audience gave us a standing ovation after our 3 songs!

I guess I am officially a star now! It was truly a feeling that I will never forget.

BTW, if you have not ever seen a Broadway show...you just need to start saving your pennies right NOW and make it a priority to do that before you die. I saw "Wicked" & am still emotional thinking about it, particularly the haunting lyrics of the song "For Good."

"Lion King," "Phantom of the Opera," "Jersey Boys," and "West Side Story" are all calling my name...I will be going back. Wanna join me?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

sounds like you had a great trip! and yes i would like to join you for all of the above shows please!

Rhon (aka Gamma) said...

We will have to save all our pennies for awhile...NYC is expensive, but way fun. Maybe when we all go back for more shows, we can do it in warmer weather??